Author: Juline Beaujouan
This policy brief highlights how (I)NGOs and local communities favour investment in public schools to bridge the educational gap in northwest Syria.
Recommendations for funding prioritization:
- Support the development of public schools, including access to and quality of public education, rather than investing in the private sector.
- Advocate for the empowerment of teaching staff and directorates, (I)NGOs and local communities on educational issues.
- Support accelerated learning programmes and remedial educational classes, to facilitate the re-insertion of drop-out students into the educational system.
- Encourage the development of online education for accessibility and inclusion, including training for teachers in delivering education through online platforms.
- Facilitate the inclusion of child protection measures in educational activities.